Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University, Stanford, CA

Architect: Polshek Partnership Architects, New York, NY

Originally opened in 1894, the Cantor Arts Center was founded in honor of Leland Jr. of the Stanford Family. Leland Jr. had traveled extensively, collecting objects of art throughout the world. The family wanted to share these cultural items with the community in hopes of bridging education and the arts. The museum includes galleries, classrooms, art storage, a cafe, a bookstore, a special events room, and outdoor sculpture gardens.

In 1998, the museum went through a major renovation, adding 41,000 square feet to the existing building and creating a total area of 110,000 square feet. During that time, Charles M. Salter Associates designed audiovisual systems for the art museum, provided acoustical design for the new presentation room, and renovated gallery spaces.

www.museum.stanford.edu